Saturday, September 10, 2011

My MASTERPIECE for My LOVIE CHELSEA



















One of my best friends Chelsea (THE ONE IN THE MIDDLE) just started at Auburn University. I'm the creative one who is constantly keeping up with trends in our group. She asked me if I would decorate her living room and make it sophisticated, yet still have that feminine touch at the same time. I was delighted. I shopped all day on a Friday for decor and supplies, and Saturday and Sunday I was a busy little Bee :)

The total cost to do the entire living room was $150

I shopped at Target, TJ Max, World Market, Marshalls, Pier One Imports and Home Depot for Paint.

DIY: projects are so much fun. I watch HGTV 24-7 and it gives me so many ideas for inspiration. I took a final picture of Chelsea's living room. She lives in an apartment off of campus. She can paint the walls as long as she paints it back to white when she moves out. But if your living far away from home while your in college like Chelsea and I you want your place to feel like home.

Chelsea was really happy with her living room, and I was thrilled.

My biggest tip for when your designing for others: Really sit down with them and try to in- vision what they are looking for as far as style, texture and color. You want the room to reflect their personality and include those elements in your design selections.

Have any of you decorated a space for a relative, friend or even client? I'm currently help decorate a few of my roommates rooms. I will do a video and take some pictures when the masterpiece is done :)

Have a great weekend

Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment